Saturday 28 January 2012

An introduction of sorts

Hey, my name is Belle! Oh, what's that? Yes well you've caught me. It's not actually Belle. No surprises there I guess. While my name may be phoney, rest assured that the stories I share with you on this blog are entirely factual no matter how crazy they may seem.

My job involves dealing with one of the most volatile creatures on the planet, the woman pissed off because none of the jeans she's tried on today have made her arse look good. When the insecurities of women are mixed with the bright lights, noise and trick mirrors of the shopping centre things can get ugly quickly. I've been yelled at to the point that I've cried, been talked to like a child and dealt with some of the most ungrateful people I've ever encountered. No matter how hard you try to be polite to some people, there are those who go out of their way to make that an impossibility.

So why am I sharing this with the world? Well because it's damn funny looking back on it, that's why. And let's be honest, my job isn't that bad. There are worse things in the world and being a sales assistant can be pretty cushy in comparison. Besides all that, the discounts are fabulous! When my job becomes testing, it's not always because of the customer. Believe me when I say that my co-workers can be the biggest tyrants of them all. Either way, a girl needs a place to vent!

So here it is, the truth about working at a premium fashion store. Brace yourselves ladies, because it can be one hell of a bumpy ride!

Love,

Belle

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds good, I'm now following you. Can you please check out my blog? Thanks!

    oppositeofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete